PHEASANT, PERSIMMON AND MULLED WINE
N 4 pheasant breasts
N 2 persimmons
N 1 knob of butter
G 30 almond flakes
Thyme to taste
Fleur de sel salt to taste
Pepper and Extra virgin olive oil to taste
For the mulled wine
ml 50 red wine
G 10 granulated sugar
N 2 cloves
N ¼ of cinnamon sticks
N 1 curl of lemon peel
N 1 curl of orange peel
- Make a concentrated of mulled wine – boil red wine, cinnamon, cloves, lemon and orange peels and sugar in a saucepan for 5’.
- Once it has boiled, strain to remove the spices and fruit and let concentrate until the right density is obtained.
- Brush the persimmons, put them in a cutter and give a quick blend for the sauce.
- Season the pheasant breast with salt and pepper, then add some thyme leaves and vacuum seal. Vacuum cook in a steam oven at 65° C (149° F) for 20’. Cool immediately.
- Sear the breast from the skin side in a hot pan; when it starts to brown, add a knob of butter and cook a few more moments.
- Remove from the stove and cut the pheasant into thin slices.
- Draw on a smooth plate some buttons with the persimmon sauce and some strips of concentrated mulled wine. In the centre lay the slices of pheasant and garnish with fleur de sel salt, a few leaves of thyme, almond flakes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Wine CouplingRosazzo DOCG
Other Info Kcal 158* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.