N 1 fallow deer loin
N 4 onions
N 3 carrots
N 2 juniper berries
N 2 garlic cloves
N 1 knob of lard
G 15 flour
mL100 red wine
mL 200 meat stock
N 1 knob of butter
G 10 paprika
G 15 corn flour
mL 600 fairly neutral stock
N 2 sage leaves
N 1 sprig of rosemary
Salt and ground pepper to taste
Thyme and marjoram to taste
Extra virgin olive oil and sunflower oil to taste
- To prepare the sauce, julienne the onion and carrots, then add the sage and rosemary, a knob of lard, the juniper berries and a drizzle of sunflower oil and brown.
- Dress the fallow deer loin.
- In a very hot pan, dry sear the fallow deer dressings, then add to the cooking juices and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the meat, then pass everything through a food mill, discarding the excess fat and put it back on the heat. Add the butter and flour, and allow to toast.
- Add the red wine and simmer until the alcohol evaporates.
- Using the stock, bring it to the right consistency and add the paprika, salt and pepper. Once ready, pass everything through a chinois.
- Clear the loin of any small patches of hide and remove gristle.
- Season the meat with the chopped thyme and marjoram, the ground pepper and thinly sliced garlic, before enclosing in a vacuum bag and letting it rest for 20’.
- Prepare the polenta by adding the cornmeal to the bland broth, previously brought to a boil. Stir, making sure it doesn’t stick.
- Once the polenta is ready, it is to remain soft; put a spoonful of polenta into a glass ramekin and 8-10 cubes of lightly seared meat in a pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add the piping hot sauce, turn off and serve.
Wine CouplingValpolicella Ripasso Classico Superiore DOC
Other Info Kcal 465* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.