Wild Game Pepperoni
kG 1.36 ground venison meat
G 450gr goose breast ground
G 450 fatty pork
mL 250 ice water
mL 35 salt
mL 5 prague powder aka pink salt (sodium nitrate)
mL 15 black pepper
mL 10 fennel seeds
mL 10 paprika
mL 5 garlic powder
mL 5 cayenne (for mild)
Lamb, goat or 22mm collagen casings
- Add the ground meats to a large mixing bowl or to a sausage mixer. Add all of the spices and salts, then add the ice water. Vigorously mix until well incorporated and sticky wearing disposable gloves. The meat should stick to your hands when raised out of the meat.
- Transfer to a sausage stuffer fitted with the fine or “breakfast” size stuffing horn. Slip the casing on to the horn and tie off the end. Push the meat into the casing creating a firm pack. Do not over stuff as they will break when twisting off the links.
- Once all the meat has been stuffed into the casings. Twist off the links to your desired size.
- Hang in your smoker and set to 200° F (93° C). Smoke until the internal temperature is 165° F (70° C), this will take around 3 hours.
- Transfer to the fridge and refrigerate overnight before packaging. These spices are the classic peperoni spices. Feel free to play with your own spice blends, e. honey and garlic, hot peperoni and so on.
Wine CouplingCirò rosso classico superiore DOC
Other Info Kcal 870* Wild game peperoni sticks are one of my snacks to take with me hunting. They are a protein-rich snack and fun to make with the whole family. And combination of game meat can be used but always be sure to include some fatty wild boar into the mix.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
Wild game peperoni sticks are one of my snacks to take with me hunting. They are a protein-rich snack and fun to make with the whole family. And combination of game meat can be used but always be sure to include some fatty wild boar into the mix.