PARTRIDGE AND CHOCOLATE. PARTRIDGE “TORTELLI” PASTA IN SPICED CHOCOLATE SAUCE
For the pasta
G 130 re-milled semolina flour
G 70 rof whole-wheat flour
N 2 medium eggs
N 4 partridge legs
G 80 bread soaked in water
N 3 medium onions
N 2 carrots
N 1 clove of garlic
N 1 sprig of rosemary
N 1 bay leaf
N 2 sage leaves
Salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil to taste
Broth to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste
For the sauce
N 1 large onion
N 5 bay leaves
N 6 sprigs of rosemary
G 100 bacon
G 80-100 dark chocolate
mL 50 vinegard
Broth to taste
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Prepare the dough by mixing the flours, adding the eggs and making a volcano. Add eggs and mix with a fork, combining the flour. Start kneading the dough by hand for about 10’. Once ready, leave it in a cool place for at least 1 hour.
- For the filling, prepare the gravy by slicing the onion and chopping the carrots into small pieces, add the garlic and the herbs; put everything in a saucepan with the oil and allow to sweat gently. Then put through a vegetable mill.
- Separately, in a very hot pan brown the partridge thighs on both sides, add them to the gravy, season lightly and allow to simmer.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove the bones, make sure all the tendons have been removed. Put everything through a meat grinder.
- Add the soaked and squeezed bread to the meat – the ideal ratio is 1/3 of the weight of the meat in bread – and mix well. To give consistency and flavour, add the remaining cooking juices. Adjust the seasoning and add a little parmesan if desired.
- Roll out the pasta, cut into squares, fill and seal the tortelli.
- For preparing the sauce, put the sliced onion, bay leaves, rosemary and diced bacon in a saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil; allow to sweat gently on a moderate heat.
- When the gravy is browned add a splash of vinegar, let it cook down, remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves and the rosemary.
- Now add the chocolate, cut into small pieces. Once melted, mix everything in a mixer adding some broth to achieve the desired consistency. Put through a conical sieve.
- Cook the tortelli in salted boiling water. Place the chocolate sauce on the serving dish, place the tortelli on top, dress with a drizzle of melted butter and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
Wine CouplingBarbera D'Alba DOC
Other Info Kcal 594* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.