ROE DEER FILET WITH CRANBERRY MARMALADE
N 2 roe deer filets
N 1 tablespoon of cranberry marmalade
N 1 knob of butter
N 3/4 juniper berries
N 1 shallot
Brandy and Teroldego wine to taste
Rosemary and bay leaves to taste
Salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil to taste
● Sauté, in a nonstick pan with extra virgin olive oil and a small knob of butter, the shallot, chopped into cubes, a small sprig of coarsely chopped rosemary and the juniper berries.
● Finely grind the rosemary, bay leaves and juniper and place on both sides of the filet. Add salt and pepper. Place the entire filet in a pan and brown both sides over medium-high heat.
● When it has browned, smoke with a little bit of brandy and let it evaporate. Add a cup of Teroldego wine and a tablespoon of cranberry marmalade. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes until the meat has gained a nice coloring and the center is still pink.
● Take the filet out of the pan and let the wine set, which, with the sugars of the jam, will form a dense sauce with a sweet taste and acidic notes from the cranberries.
● Cut the filet into slices and position them on a serving platter. Place a layer of the sauce on top of the meat. Add, at your discretion, the cranberry marmalade around the plate.
Wine CouplingTeroldego Rotaliano DOC
Other Info Kcal 1148* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.