WARM ROAST VEGETABLES SALAD WITH VENISON BACK STEAK AND BLUE CHEESE
G 800 venison back steak
N 2 tbs pumpkin seeds
N 1 carrot
N ½ beetroot
N ½ potato
N ½ orange kumara
N ½ capsicum pepper
N ½ red onion
N 5 yams
N 3 white button mushrooms
N 1 tbs crushed garlic (garlic cloves or sliced garlic)
Blue cheese (feta as an alternative) to taste
Salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil to taste
Rosemary to taste
- Preheat oven to 180° (356 F).
- Peel potato, orange kumara, carrot and beetroot. Dice into 1cm cubes. Dice yams and mushrooms into 1 cm pieces. Cut capsicum in half and remove seeds and veins. Slice and cut into 1 cm pieces.
- Peel half red onion and slice and cut into 1cm pieces. Break up onion layers.
- Place all vegetables onto a tray and drizzle over extra virgin olive oil. Spoon crushed garlic and peel rosemary sprigs onto vegetables. Toss through ensuring all the vegetables are coated with olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake for 25-30’. Once the vegetables are golden brown, remove from the oven.
- In the meantime, heat a pan on high. Add a tbs of olive oil. Once hot, place back steak into pan to sear, turning every 30” or so, to make sure all sides are seared.
- Then, place back steak in oven proof dish and cook in the oven for 4-5’. Remove from the oven and rest on a board for 5-10’.
- Slice venison back steak and place over the hot vegetables on a plate. Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds.
- Crumble blue cheese and sprinkle chunks all over vegetables and back steak
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and season the dish with salt and pepper. If you like, drizzle balsamic glaze over the top.
Wine CouplingFriuli Colli Orientali Pignolo DOC
Other Info Kcal 483* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.