GOURMET ROE DEER SANDWICH
N 4 bread rolls (about 7 cm in diameter)
N 8 slices of pancetta
N 1 roe deer loin
N 8 sweet and sour onions
N 8 teaspoon of beetroot sauce
N 4 tablespoon of stracchino
Mustard and rosemary to taste
Wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the loin with mustard, rosemary and salt, leaving it to rest for 6 hours. Wrap the loin with fresh pancetta, tying it with twine and cutting it into rounds about 3cm thick.
- Brown for 6-7′ on each side on the barbeque.
- Place the filet in a static oven preheated to 200℃ for 3 minutes. Make sure that the meat stays pink in the middle and without blood. Lastly, remove the twine.
- Prepare a sweet and sour sauce by cooking the sweet and sour onions with the beetroot sauce, a pinch of salt, wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar for 15′ over medium heat until a cream forms, which will be used to flavor the sandwich.
- Cut the bread rolls in half, add a thin layer of mustard and spread a tablespoon of lightly warmed up stracchino.
- Remove the slice of pancetta that encases the filet and put it on the stracchino. Add a teaspoon of the sweet and sour sauce, the deer loin slice, and an onion sliced in half. Lay the other half of the bun on top.
Wine CouplingMontefalco DOC Rosso
Other Info Kcal 230* *For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.
*For every medium-low speed running activity (8Km/h), the AVERAGE calorie consumption is of approximately 8Kcal x Kg x height, considering an average female weight of 60 Kg and an average male weight of 80 Kg.